Home » BLOG » Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens cashes out of crude as worst market in decades drags on

Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens cashes out of crude as worst market in decades drags on

T. Boone Pickens, who has made and lost fortunes, has sold all of his oil holdings ad is waiting for the best moment to get back in.

Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens, who made and lost fortunes targeting some of the largest U.S. explorers over the past 40 years, has cashed out because the worst crude market downturn in decades drags on.

Pickens who has sold all his oil holdings and is waiting for the best moment to get back in, he said Thursday within an interview on “Bloomberg Go.” With prices low, mid-size U.S. oil companies such as Pioneer Natural Resources Co., Anadarko Petroleum Corp. and Apache Corp. are acquisition targets for bigger firms like Exxon Mobil Corp., he said.

I won’t re-enter until starting to draw on inventories. This is a key point

Crude prices have slumped 70 per cent since June 2014, leading the oil industry to get rid of a lot more than 250,000 jobs and slash over US$100 billion in spending in the last year, with increased cuts expected this season. The reductions should lead to a drop in oil production, which would boost oil prices back to the US$50-$60 range by the end of the year so long as the economy doesn’t enter an economic downturn, Pickens said.

Related

About privatefinancetips

x

Check Also

U.S. job growth slows and profits tumble as a strong dollar and cheap oil undercut earnings

WASHINGTON – U.S. economic growth slowed within the fourth quarter, although not as sharply as ...

The REIT sector’s next challenge: CEO succession and board renewal

Getting there C with new chief executives and groups of new directors for that firms ...

Commodities could be headed for ‘buffalo jump’ as investors rush for the exits, Barclays warns

Commodities including oil and copper are in chance of steep declines as recent advances aren’t ...